People Powered . . .
At CHD, our work starts with respect: respect for the community and respect for each other. That's what we mean by Good People, Good Work.
Come join our team.
CHD's HR department is deeply committed to the mission of the organization and recognizes that the staff of CHD are critical to the quality services that are provided in our community to thousands of individuals and families each year. We strive to develop and implement strategies that support a highly engaged staff, foster creativity and enthusiasm, and recognize the individual strengths and collective power of staff to enhance people's everyday lives. We strive to have CHD recognized as an “Employer of Choice” because we are:
• Recognized locally as a great employer, with fair employment policies and practices, competitive compensation and benefits, and an employee-friendly culture
• Providing the highest quality services to clients
• Providing multifaceted, interesting jobs doing valuable work with a chance to learn and grow
• Providing a dynamic environment for cutting-edge treatment – a professional experience that you won't find elsewhere
• Known for our long-term financial strength and stability
CHD currently employs over 1,100 people in its numerous programs and is one of the largest employers based in Western Massachusetts. Our employee base also extends to Connecticut and Central Massachusetts as CHD’s services have been expanded into other geographic areas.
Yet, despite its size, CHD feels, in many ways, like a small agency. It has a decentralized structure and a philosophy that many decisions are best made at the service level. CHD management and staff work hand-in-hand to solve problems, develop solutions, and explore opportunities. As the agency has grown, it has remained important for input from staff to be part of decision-making and for agency-wide committees composed of all levels of staff to be an integral part of its infrastructure.
CHD is a special organization. To learn more about becoming part of it, please consider our employment opportunities.
A recent focus group of direct care staff with over five years of service cited these reasons for continuing to work at CHD:
• CHD provides support for its staff.
• CHD has high expectations for working with clients.
• CHD's work is so advanced and ahead of other agencies.
• They are proud of CHD's diversity.
• CHD's staff and clients feel like another family.
• At CHD, we are doing something good and making a difference.